• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

I was asked to build a car for a friend. What better way to pass the time. The body is a Monogram GT-350. I have the exact same car in white. It was a fun way to test the accuracy of the original drawing. The request was “Keep it low, but keep it level”.

Thanks for looking

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

That’s a very nice Shelby build Ken! Did you paint & decal the body too? And are those D11 tires on it?

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank you kindly for the compliment Art. However, I can’t take credit for the paint or decals. My friend dropped off a body and bunch of parts. I only built the chassis and mounted the body. I didn’t have to true the tires, paint the inserts, or cut the axles. Easy build from my perspective.

The tires seem too narrow and short to be D11’s. I’ll ask and get back to you.

Hi Art,

The rear tires are “Group C tires that were sanded down to 20mm diameter and the width was also cut with exacto blade and sanded, to narrower width”.  I was fortunate in that they were handed to me to install.

This brought up the subect that the rules have opened up and bigger tires are legal on a lot of cars now. :good:

It’s good to remain updated or you fall behind and get left in the dust at the races. I try and re-read the rules every time I start a new class car. Don’t tell anyone that I tried a few magnesium wheels on classes that permit them. I want that kept a total secret. B-) No difference detected yet. But then again I may not be a good enough driver to notice the difference.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.