Forums Scratch Built Models 65 Mustang 2+2

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      KenKen

My very first thread was February 2018. Before I knew how to scratch-build, I posted a pic of an Eldon Shelby GT350 that I put together using an old Hornsby plastic chassis. It ran like… an old Hornsby plastic chassis. What a surprise. You only get what you invest. It was unrealistic to hope for more.

It was time to re-visit the old Mustang idea. But with a fresh start. This is an AMT static kit I painted at the cottage.

This chassis was going to hang out more than any other on this car forcing me to re-invent the back section. It’s not perfect. But it’s an improvement.

Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.
      When Chuck Norris was denied an Egg McMuffin at MacDonald's because it was 10:35am, he roundhouse kicked the store so hard it became a Wendy's.

KenKen

Oops. I apologize that forgot to show the front of the car.

This is powered by a BWNC1 and will be the direct replacement for my 49-Tudor for basic slow Sportscar class. I’m very hopeful that it will out-perform the Tudor in every way.

When Chuck Norris was denied an Egg McMuffin at MacDonald's because it was 10:35am, he roundhouse kicked the store so hard it became a Wendy's.

Very nice job my friend, but remember I took your place as a newby, I guess you are old school already.

Following your suggestion I finally found a Tudor it should be on its way now.

I also have some other bodies and accessories coming my way to start replacing my plastic entries for scratch build ones, for now I would like to request to remember the 4 feet distance when checking out my scratch build cars.

At the moment I am working aq little bit evry night on my Ferrari 312P,

I am trying to add some pictures to show you my progress

KenKen

You are just trying to tease us yes? Nice job Luis!

Please make a new thread and share the rest of your pics?

MiAMiA

Looks like a Chuck Norris special on the chassis bend!! Very neat!! :good:

Are the side rails cut down more than usual as well??

KenKen

Thank you MIA. Yes the side rails are cut. I used to think tall sides were needed for strength. Short rails will do. It’s pretty hard to bend so I found out with the back end of the chassis. More bending to follow. This was the test.

KenKen

The Mustang had it’s first race. It drives well. It might not win just yet, but it looks good going down the track.

Thanks for looking.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.