Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

New to this forum. Usually build sports cars but in recent years have delved into domestic hot rods.

Had the opportunity to build starting with a resin copy of the old 1/32 Aurora 32 Ford Ski-Doo body.

Built a simple ladder chassis with .055″ piano wire, .064″ brass strip and a JK F1 motor bracket.

Power’s a Slot It flat can with a Slot It pinion and Plafit crown gear (3mm).  Went with a 3mm rear axle as the hot rod rims I had were for that size axle. Fronts are RS Slot Racing rims with tires of unknown origin.

Came out well with quite a raked stance.

Runs pretty good in a straight line but I really prefer cars that can handle the corners.

Dan

Welcome Dan!

A very nice build! I really like the engine detail and the truck style inserts… please let us know which resin body this is and feel free to post a link where others can be ordered if still available!

Cheers! :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Hi Dan,

Very cool choice of body for a hot rod.  It looks a lot like a “Hot Wheels Demon” Red-line from 1969.  Spark plug wires are a nice touch too.  Smokin’ fast with a flat-6.

Thanks for posting.

Your Hot Rod looks very similar to this old, dusty, antique. But yours is faster. :good:

To help identify the tires:

Fronts are definitely Paul Gauge;

Rears are definitely NOT DArt – maybe PG or Luf… or something else perhaps…

Send the rears to me and I’ll help let you know if it is that important… always happy to do so… it’s easy now – even to identify original Ortmanns…

Regardless, keep on building – can’t wait to see your next hot rod! :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 4 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.