• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Art.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I’m going to head down to Free (donation) Friday. Not sure about the rest of the weekend.

I have no idea what’s going on in Indycar this year since they took it off regular sportsnet and put it on some pay rugby channel.

Someone at Rogers/Indycar has head in ass disease.

Anyone else going?

Thanks for the heads up on the free Friday thing. But I’m double booked already. 😥

ok have a good weekend!

Art

F1nutz,

Rogers moved most of the Tour stages to SN1 which isn’t included in our basic package – I was able to watch most of the race in previous years on the channels in the basic package but not now. At least they still have great F1 coverage. At this point I could care less about Indy especially now that they made it harder to follow. If F1 goes then I will cancel my cable and be happy just watching re-runs of Starsky & Hutch for free on CHCH. It is too bad but it seems that there is nothing left to check the greed of Rogers or Bell. It is one thing not to add a new event, it is quite another to take old ones away – which they are now doing.

I hope you enjoyed the racing on Friday. Hopefully I’ll see you Monday night at the Coppa!

Cheers!

Yes it sucks what Rogers are doing with the SN channels.

At least TSN has the F1 and also are showing highlights of the IMSA series.

Friday was fun and the biggest crowd I remember for a friday.

Surprising since you can’t watch the races on T.V.

Oh well.

Art

Glad to hear that the turnout on Friday was good.

T.V. coverage is great these days but you don’t get the ear busting, chest pounding, fuel and burning rubber smells like you do at the track… although I never attended an original CANAM race I can only imagine just how much of an experience the start of any of those races must have been for every spectator… sensory overload! [like F1 was before the hybrid era – especially Ferrari and Lamborghini]

See you at the Coppa F1nutz! :yahoo:

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.