Forums R32 Race Results 2017 International Race of Champions – The Ring – December 20, 2017

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Art Art 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Art
    Art

2017 IROC 

Qualifying:
    Everyone chose to qualify on the middle lane.

1. ArT;
    2. BiG;
    3. DwM;
    4. JMs;
    5. MiA;
    6. DaB;
    7. JmO.

Race Results:

1st Heat (180 sec. x 3 x 1 = 9 min.)

1. JMs – 81 Laps;
    2. ArT – 80;
    3. BiG – 80;
    4. DwM – 79;
    5. JmO – 78;
    6. MiA – 76;
    7. DaB – 75.

2nd Heat (180 sec. x 3 x 1 = 9 min.)

1. ArT – 162;
    2. BiG – 162;
    3. JMs – 160;
    4. DwM – 158;
    5. JmO – 156;
    6. MiA – 153;
    7. DaB – 148.

3rd Heat (180 sec. x 3 x 1 = 9 min.)

1. ArT – 244;
    2. BiG – 243;
    3. JMs – 240;
    4. DwM – 238;
    5. JmO – 234;
    6. MiA – 230;
    7. DaB – 224.

4th Heat (180 sec. x 3 x 1 = 9 min.)

1. ArT – 326;
    2. BiG – 324;
    3. JMs – 321;
    4. DwM – 318;
    5. JmO – 312;
    6. MiA – 307;
    7. DaB – 300.

ADJUSTED FINAL RESULTS (180 sec. x 3 x 4 = 36 min.) [crash = -1 lap]

1. ArT – 325 Laps [-1 lap];
    2. BiG – 324;*
    3. JMs – 320 [-1 lap];
    4. DwM – 317 [-1 lap];
    5. JmO – 312;**
    6. MiA – 304 [-3 laps];
    7. DaB – 293 [-6 laps].

* Fewest Crashes

** Second Fewest Crashes

Christmas came early for everyone this night. Prizes were awarded as follows:

BiG chose this DArt body kit:

But then opted to trade in the Ferrari 312P body kit for the mystery prize hanging from the Christmas tree elsewhere:

It was a lovely Fly Juncadella Chevron B21! Well done BiG!

Our next place finisher JMs chose this DArt body kit:

Next, DwM made his selection:

Followed by JmO:

Up next MiA chose his wrapped door prize – he unwrapped a Lindberg model kit and five BWMS050 motors:

DaB unwrapped the second door prize:

Time for the two most prestigious awards on the night – most flawless on the evening. BiG and JmO both collected top honours with no offs each – tie going to the higher finisher meant Bill chose his second DArt body kit and received an ‘unobtainium’ Vanski unrated motor:

JmO picked his second DArt body kit and received his unrated Vanski motor:

Excellent racing by all! This will close out the Scratch32/R32 fall racing season.

Our next scratch32 event will be the Targa III here at the Ring while the next R32 race will at the lovely Spa-Lyons – both in early January! Info on both is right on our website!

A wonderful end to 2017… Merry Christmas to everyone and please have a very Happy New Year! :good:

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Art Art.
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by Art Art. Reason: Corrected formatting

...just lay it on the line...

Art
    Art

I forgot to mention that every model raced will be going to good homes – congratulations to BiG, DaB & DwM for their winning bids on all three cars.

Cheers! Art :good:

Porsche911
    Porsche911

What a great evening, VERY spirited racing, some incredibly close battles in many heats, and clean racing too! The cars were superlative,  a joy to drive!

And thank you Santa Tschinkel, a red suit and white beard would have been appropriate, with all the goodies stuffed in your sack for the kids of Whoville, errrr I mean the Ring! :good:  A great way to start the Christmas season :yahoo:

DB
    DB

Totally agree, a superb evening on every level.

MiA
    MiA

Thanks for hosting another superlative event! Good food, good people, great cars, wonderful racing! It was a real treat to drive your cars, and thanks so much for the very generous prizes as well! Going to be hard to top this one!! Hope everyone has an excellent Christmas. See everyone in the New Year!!

f1nutz
    f1nutz

Been a busy week but wanted to add my thanks for hosting another great event!

Prizes were a surprise and very generous on your part.

I am now the proud owner of the race run Ferrari PB which I will study with great interest for speed secrets for my own builds.

It ran flawlessly and was able to compete with the quicker Chevron in the middle lane in the later heats

It will be invaluably educating.

Meant to mention I also loved the squirrel in your Christmas tree!

Hope it didn’t give you any trouble ;^)

Thanks again and see you in the new year!

Happy New Year everyone!

Bill

Art
    Art

HA! Good luck finding any speed secrets! [If you do let me know…]

Cheers! Bill.

And a huge thank you to each of you who have helped start up THE best model car race group I’ve ever been a part of. You all deserve the praise. You never bailed. You helped us in our academy sessions. You contribute to the website. The prizes are the least I could do.

I know I’m far from the best builder, modeller, or painter, but as one of you reminded me, I do put in a solid effort. I’ll take your advice and remain proud of doing just that….

Thank You!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.