• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Have become inspired with your Indy Roadsters series and thought I would try my hand at one.  Ken your build looks great and will be stunning when finished I am sure. I acquired a couple of Geodies resin models and have started the build process using my oodles of free time.  The body weighs 19 grams after carving out the cockpit seat.  The model accurately reflects the wheelbase of 100 inches.  A motor will fit just about in the front portion of the body in front of the cockpit but it will be tight.  The challenge will be to fashion a chassis to align the motor, gearing and guide.  Brass tubing will be used for the front axle mount which will not be attached to the chassis just epoxied in place. I am undecided  whether to use wire or a brass plate for the chassis so that needs more thought.   On the body I am using Cheetah manifold headers, have expanded the carburetor air intakes and will use chrome carbs from another model and will add a chrome fuel cap – holes all drilled.   Wheels are from RSSlots and are spare from my Bugatti build.  Anyway, thought I would share some pictures and I hope you and your families are all keeping safe.

Looks beautiful Dave! Keep the pics coming! :good:

Interesting to note that the Kurtis model has more of a taper to the nose compared to the real car, just like the Bardahl Special. It seems that Geodies want to give their bodies a bit more of a “cool factor” with respect to the profile look.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.