• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

With the Carrera Panamericana around the corner. It’s time to give Fred and his blue Tudor a bit of a break.

Emilio Portez Medina and Armando Rodrigues Morado, both from Mexico, are busy preparing a red 1949 Ford Tudor #119 for the next race (1950).

Emilio’s red Tudor has a BWNC1. Fred’s blue Tudor has a BWMS050.

Nice job Ken, I like the  chrome detailing.

I will need to borrow Chuck Norris glasses to be able  do that

Thank you kindly Luis. You can borrow the glasses anytime. Don’t forget the “Chuck Norris” Molotow pen (2-mm size).

Mui bien jeffe! Mucho caliente, looks hotter than the Habaneros I grew this summer! :yahoo:

Thank you very kindly Porsche911. You make me laugh out loud. :good: Your comments are one of the reasons I joined this club. I look forward to racing with you again.

This body isn’t as wide as the blue one. Very strange. I was hoping it would be better than Fred’s blue Tudor. Maybe not.

Anyone buying a new Tudor should try and gently bow the body side panels out a bit under hot water before glueing them on. Track width is paramount for good cornering.

Someone suggested I share more of the building process. Chuck Norris’s cousin might be watching.

I made an interior template long ago when I made the first Tudor in case I might make another. That day has arrived. (I write in code. It’s called “Dysgraphia”. Even I can’t understand my own hand writing)

The black paper is textured card stock from “Micheals Arts & Craft Supply Stores”.

I have yet to decide on steering wheel colour.

Even though the various bends keep the card stuck in its place. 3-small pieces of tape will fully secure the sides and rear deck once I paint the rest of the driver, and black out the interior. Tape makes the interior removable. The driver Emilio, might need to get out and stretch his legs at some point.

Thank You ken for sharing, we learn a lot and avoid many mistakes by interchanging information, so far all I can teach you guys is some Spanish.

Note; Keep in mind that Chuck Norris does not speak Spanish

With epoxy hardening and paint still drying. Emilio made it out to the Carrera Panamericana IX on time.

I didn’t install the front bumper on my first blue Tudor because the bumper is too wide and sticks out like big hooks on either side of the car. I chopped this one down to fit a bit cleaner.

If I’m going to chop the front bumper. I might as well do the same to the back. It too was made too wide for the car.

I’m happy with the paint. Not happy with most of the chrome. But at least I know what I did wrong. I should have used the pen upside-down to avoid runs and pooling. It’s just another learning curve. Now I need to keep the car in motion so I can’t see my mistakes.

Viewing 7 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.