Lindberg kit which I have had for a while. Parts are from the usual sources, RSSlot wheels, Darts inserts, BWA 050 motor, scratch chassis. Runs well, quite smooth. Added a oak strip bed for effect. Kind of experimented on the paint, dark red first coat, sanded then red on top. I was look for an aged look but not sure it came off .
Thanks Michael, I used a few strips of thin unfinished oak veneer I had laying around. Then used Minwax natural stain/varnish on it. Cut it to size and glued to two cross pieces. After I was happy with the fit I then used the Minwax, then just dropped it in. It was a snug fit, so no need to glue into box.
Hard to tell from the pictures, but is the bed made from individual narrow strips glued together edge to edge or a couple of pieces scribed to look that way. Looking forward to seeing it when this current silliness is over.