- This event has passed.
Targa Florio IX
November 25, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Targa Florio IX
International Championship for Makes
As always this event will have overlap with Scratch32 SP, CP & 3LM classes but will target models that participated in 1970. Models from earlier or later years ARE permitted – but in order to keep our field representative of the era our builders are asked to use very conservative discretion when canvassing potential models 3 or 4 years removed. The point of this exercise is to maintain a period grid while encouraging the building of a diverse group of models.
To help ensure this we will do the following:
- For builders with a single entry that entry must have participated within 1 year of the target year of 1970 (so 1969 through 1971).
- For builders with 2 entries one must have participated in 1970 (as in 1 above).
- For builders with 3 or more entries one must have participated in 1970 and at least one other within 1 year of the target year of 1970 (so 1969 through 1971).
- In no case may an entry exceed the target year by more than the number of models that builder enters (so if you wish to enter a 1966 model you must enter at minimum 4 participant models which MUST meet the criteria in 3).
- Models which participated in any past Targa event are automatically eligible in any future event – but they cannot be used to qualify ‘new’ models unless they also meet the eligibility requirements above.
Participants will include models that finished, started, practiced or were at minimum registered to race in either years’ event. The purpose in opening up the definition of ‘participant’ in this manner is to accommodate as many models as one might have an opportunity to scratch build – NOT to accommodate ready to run bodies or models that are easy to obtain.
No ‘master list’ of eligible models or entries will be provided since it is easy enough to find much of this information freely on the internet. Do some research first and then ask if you have questions. It is expected that you share with the group some of the history of the models that you build and present.
Models in any ‘class’ that raced in those years are eligible. Combining years surrounding 1970 there are at least 14 classes of eligible entries: five ‘P’, five ‘S’ and four ‘GT’. Several classes have a motor restriction as defined in the table below.
Models must be modified or be representative in look to the entry upon which they purport to be based. Just how far one goes to achieve this is not for anyone else to decide – your own pride and building ability should be your guide. That being said, there will be a minimum threshold that every model is expected to meet otherwise the purpose of this event will be lost. Fantasy liveries are not permitted. Actual racing numbers are to be used although alternative numbers in the same font/style may be substituted if one wishes. Consult prior Targa events and/or the Scratch32 Model Database to review which liveries have already been used. Make sure to list your models within the specific registration topic for the Targa event you are entering. This will alert others and help avoid duplicates from being registered. Please also complete our online Scratch32 Model Entry Form for all NEW models or models that have been CHANGED.
Eligible models – any Targa Florio participant between 1969 through 1971 OR in near years (see 1 – 5 above), including Finishers, Starters, those that Practiced OR those Entered/Registered regardless of class;
Actual liveries ONLY but number may be changed provided same font/type used;
Motor Restrictions – Class of entry determines the fastest motor that may be used for every model as defined in the chart below;
Chassis or body must be scratch built – painted ‘white kits’ are insufficient; and
All General Rules for Scratch32 apply.
Please make sure to register all of your models, returning or NEW, in the event registration thread which is here… and Good Luck!