La Carrera Panamericana XI
December 7 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
La CARRERA PANAMERICANA XI
(1950 through 1954)
It has been a while but our 11th edition of this iconic road race proves to be the best yet! While it will have overlap with Scratch32 SP and SP+ classes models are limited to those that participated in the 1950 through 1954 editions of La Carrera Panamericana. Participants will include models that finished, started, practiced or were at minimum registered to race in either years’ event. The purpose in opening up the definition of ‘participant’ in this manner is to accommodate as many models as one might have an opportunity to scratch build – NOT to accommodate ready to run bodies or models that are easy to obtain.
No ‘master list’ of eligible models or entries will be provided since it is easy enough to find much of this information freely on the internet. Do some research first and then ask if you have questions. It is expected that you share with the group some of the history of the models that you build and present to the grid within the topic thread which will be created approximately 10 days before the event – just follow the event poster and reply and post your info.
Make sure to also submit your online model registration form for any new models you have built which you plan to present for the first time to the grid.
Combining all five years there are 9 ‘classes’ for eligible entries which represent ‘sub-classes’ for this event.
There are two main ‘classes’ for this event:
- SP – with eligible ‘low power’ motor as described in the scratch32 rules; and
- SP+ – without any motor restriction whatsoever.
Sub-classes are defined in the list below so please ensure that you list the appropriate class and sub-class for every entry you register.
Models must be modified or be representative in look to the entry upon which they purport to be based. Just how far one goes to achieve this is not for anyone else to decide – your own pride and building ability should be your guide. That being said, there will be a minimum threshold that every model is expected to meet otherwise the purpose of this event will be lost. Fantasy liveries are not permitted. Actual racing numbers are to be used although alternative numbers in the same font/style may be substituted if one wishes. All of the entries sported La Carrera Panamericana badges. Check our decals sub-forum to download your copy to print. La Carrera Panamericana plates with racing number are also a must. You will find a blank template in our decals sub-forum for download too. If you need help customizing a blank plate or adding your racing number let me know.
By registering every entry within this event topic we will avoid duplicates in our event – but duplicates are permitted. Building and presenting multiple models for the event is strongly encouraged and those that do will have an opportunity to race all of them each as a separately scored entry – time constraints will limit the number of allowed entries per person or length of every heat.
A maximum of 6 entries may be submitted by every builder.
- Eligible models – any that participated in the 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953 or 1954 editions of La Carrera Panamericana (Finishers, Starters, Practiced OR Entered) regardless of class;
- Actual liveries ONLY but number may be changed provided same font/type used;
- SP class – ‘low power’ motor only (consult the Scratch32 SP class rules) & SP+ class – no motor restriction;
- Chassis or body must be scratch built – simply painting a white RTR kit or re-painting a RTR release is insufficient;
- All General Rules for Scratch32 apply.
List of SUB-CLASSES (with years raced):
T – Tourismo (’50, ’51, ’52, ’53)
SP – Sport (‘52)
TS – Tourismo Especial (’53, ’54)
SP+16 – Sport +1600cc (’53)
T+3.5 – Tourismo +3500cc (’54)
SP16 – Sport 1600cc (’53)
TE1.9 – Tourismo Europeo (’54)
SP+15 – Sport +1500cc (’54)
SP15 – Sport 1500cc (’54)
For La Carrera Panamericana XI builders who are ‘regular participants’ may register up to a maximum of 6 models – all others a maximum of 4 models. ‘Regular participants‘ are those who participated in the previous Scratch32 scheduled event, whether by entering and racing their models or by marshaling if they had no eligible models. Events do not include practice sessions, workshop academies or R32 races.
Due to covid19 the following conditions will apply for this event:
- No more than eight participants;
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors;
- All participants must remain on the lower (track level) only;
- There will be no pizza or snacks provided just bottled water/pop so please eat before you arrive;
- Only H2O or tap water may be used to clean your tires – no saliva. Please bring your own sanding block or tire cleaning system/sponge if you choose to use such.
Good Luck to all of our builders!