- This event has passed.
Internationale Meisterschaft XVI
February 22 @ 10:00 am - February 26 @ 5:00 pm
Internationale Meisterschaft XVI
Proxy @ The RING
February 22 – 26, 2021
Our second Scratch32 event by proxy this winter is a celebration of motoring history from the last century – from the early inception of the automobile when horse drawn carriages shared laneways with their motorized counterparts up to the pinnacle of unrestricted American speed and muscle – CANAM. In addition to shorter competitions endurance racing became popular featuring both purpose built prototype models competing alongside mass produced (albeit modified) entries. The 16th Internationale Meisterschaft hopes to capture a slice of this automotive history with four separate races – some featuring multiple classes:
- Hot Rod (HR) – featuring the following classes:
- Street Rods (SR) – (aka Hot Rod) – Any modified or customized car or truck model from 1948 or earlier with or without fenders in paint or in primer;
- Rat Rods (RR) – Any custom car or truck model with a deliberately worn-down, unfinished appearance, typically lacking paint, showing rust, and made from cheap or cast-off parts;
- Street Machines (SM) – Any modified or customized car or truck model from 1949 or later with fenders in paint or in primer; and
- Gassers (GAS) – A vintage drag car that was popularized in the ’50s and ’60s (up to 1968) that ran on gasoline and used a straight axle front suspension which gave the model a very high front end stance. Most gassers also sported Halibrand wheels, no front bumper, and had a front mounted Moon tank. The gasser form was dictated by function and most builders looked to eliminate as much weight as possible. Having their exhaust pipes exit through the front fender to shorten the length of exhaust tubing is another common characteristic of gassers. Builders used 1930s through 1950s production coupes or sedans to create these highly modified racing vehicles, including (but not limited to) the following: 1933 Willys Model 77 Coupe; 1940 Willys; 1941 Willys Americar; 1948 Anglia; 1949 Chevy Fleetline or Styleline; 1951 Henry J; 1955 Ford T-Bird; 1955 Chevy Nomad; 1955 Chevy; 1957 Corvette.
- Sportscars – featuring the following classes:
- Sportscar (SP); and
- Sportscar Plus (SP+).
- Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar (CP).
- CANAM (CA).
Anyone can enter – please register as many models as you wish in any or all classes! There is no limit!!!
Please register your eligible models within the proxy event thread starting February 1st, 2021. If you do not have a Scratch32 account please email me at email@example.com to set one up for you. If your proxy model is not yet in our database please submit the online model registration form.
To be eligible all proxy models must at minimum have a hand built/painted body or a custom made chassis and DArt club tires. Painted white kits are not eligible. Please consult with the current Scratch32 rules for model eligibility – all classes of Hot Rod will follow the Hot Rod class rules with one exception for Gassers – we will remove the wheel restrictions of sub rule HR4 for Gassers so that any wheel is permitted regardless of width. Let’s see what happens…
But for reality there is no ownership of any livery therefore duplicate models are permitted.
There is no entry fee per model – DArt requested that we waive the fee for this event.
DEADLINE is 6pm Thursday February 18, 2021
Deadline to register and to receive your eligible proxy models is 6pm Thursday, February 18, 2021. Proxy models may be dropped off on the front porch or mailed to The RING. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with drop off details or necessary mailing address info.
Proxy models and house models will compete together on track in each race but official results for both groups will remain separate. Should there be overwhelming proxy participation then house models will be withdrawn.
For this event grid position for every race will be based on model performance during the shakedown laps after braid and tire prep. Each race will take place in three stages: Stage one will have all the entries on the inside lane at 9.5v. Stage two will have all the entries on the middle lane at 10.5v. The final stage will have all the entries on the outside lane at 11v. Any off will result in a track call. It sounds very simple but my objective will be to go as fast as possible without any offs thus favouring more predictable models over those that may be quicker yet less stable in the corners.
Throughout the event every stage for every race will be captured in three ways: by timing and scoring results, photographs and video.
Proxy models are eligible for prizes based on their finishing position relative to other proxy models. Prizes will be distributed as follows:Internationale Meisterschaft XVI Prize Format
All new models (whether proxy or house) will be eligible for and entered into our Scratch32 database after the event is completed.
When the event concludes each model will be repacked and made available for return to their builder on March 1, 2021. Please make arrangements with me at that time…
Please register your eligible models in the sub forum topic thread here.