- This event has passed.
Coppa D’oro VI
July 28, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
COPPA D’ORO VI
Pre World War II Grand Prix (1900-1939)
PGP & PGP+
This Scratch32 favourite finally returns and promises to have the biggest field yet… Make sure to bring your eligible scratch built models from the Golden Era of motorsport! This grid is divided into two sub groups:
- PGP; and
To be eligible all models must meet the following scratch32 criteria:
PGP1. Eligible Models: Any model that competed in a state or club sanctioned road, rally or endurance race or Grand Prix anywhere in the world before 1939. Later models with low streamlined bodies will comprise the PGP+ sub-class with no minimum clearance;
PGP2. BWMS050 ‘low power’ motor in an inline configuration;
PGP3. Wheels – must not exceed 16.5mm in diameter x 5.5mm in width. Inserts or wheel detail must be period correct and resemble original car;
PGP4. Maximum Overall Tire Diameter – Front and rear tires must not exceed 23mm in diameter. Rear tires must be DArt club urethane tires;
PGP5. Minimum Clearance:
- PGP But for the guide/guide sleeve/tube, wheels/tires & crown gear no part of the chassis, chassis components or body may be less than 5mm above the surface of the track; or
- PGP+ There is no minimum clearance requirement but for G19 (see the Scratch32 rules & guidelines);
PGP6. Maximum Width/Track – The width of front and rear rolling assemblies may not exceed
- PGP 54mm; or
- PGP+ 50.8mm;
in width excluding fenders, inserts, nuts or knock offs which may extend beyond – within reason.
On presentation to the grid our ‘Lego’ height gauge will be used to measure minimum clearance (PGP) along with new width templates (PGP & PGP+)… models failing either test will be scored & classed separately – as either PGP* or PGP+* and no penalty will be applied.
Please make sure to register all of your eligible models within the event thread here and if your model is not yet in our database please submit the online model registration form. If you have already registered your models below but are unable to participate please reply indicating so and I will remove your entries from this thread. If you are entering the same models again then just reply indicating that you plan to attend and your prior posts will remain as is.
Details, links and photographs are strongly encouraged!
Due to covid19 the following conditions will apply for this event:
- No more than eight participants;
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors;
- All participants must remain on the lower (track level) only;
- There will be no pizza or snacks provided just bottled water/pop so please eat before you arrive;
- Only H2O or tap water may be used to clean your tires – no saliva.